We have some more of the movies which we are waiting for this year. Along with that, also check the special reviews at Movies of the Soul. Ten of them are given below, and the much awaited movies of the year follows after them.
1. The Divine Fury.
4. In the Tall Grass.
5. 47 Meters Down: Uncaged.
6. Doctor Sleep.
7. The Prodigy.
8. Girl on the Third Floor.
9. Pet Sematary.
10. Child’s Play.
1. Eternals: There was always the need for something for the Marvel fans after Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame took away all those loved Avengers away from the fans. Now we will have Eternals, an immortal alien race who have secretly lived on Earth for over 7000 years, and has now decided to save the world from a huge threat. This seems to be much larger in scope, but there will be the question if they can create that much of an influence and impact on the audience as Avengers could – for they are not established superheroes like Captain America, Thor, Iron Man and Hulk, but lets hope for the best, as the grandeur could easily be there.
2. Venom 2: There is further representation of Marvel with another anti-hero Venom getting the sequel. As Venom is an anti-hero who doesn’t go full dumb like Deadpool, we are always looking for sequel from this side. Being the symbiote infested anti-hero creature, lets have some more fun with this one. After all, the end of Avengers should mean more for Marvel – just like heroism never ends, the anti-hero stuff also would continue to make an impact. More of Venom means more of Spider-Man indirectly, and the Marvel fans have this as a requirement rather than anything else. Lets call for more of alien symbiotic stuff rather than some silly pool dead anti-hero.
3. The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It: A few years ago, The Conjuring had set things in motion for the horror genre, and it has continued the same with The Conjuring 2; this one will be The Conjuring 3, with Annabelle and The Nun spin-offs looking on from a distance. Claiming demonic possession as a defence in the court, this one would be something that could go far beyond. There could be those areas which are not explored before, being a part of this particular horror movie, and lets see how far this can go. There can be an extra dose of fear and mystery running through The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It. New faces of terror are ready to be unleashed.
4. The Purge 5: The Purge has been one franchise which fed on our fears, and there has been a certain amount of realization related to it, as in a future dystopian United States of America had an annual national holiday known as the Purge, all crimes, including murder are legal for a time period of twelve hours. It regularly reminds us of the harthal and bandh which we have here, and there is the feeling of a great amount of truth associated with this, and our future. Purge has always been there, and one day, it could be more clearly visible, and another movie in the franchise can only do good as it follows The First Purge and The Purge: Election Year. Lets look forward to what more it can bring to the idea.
5. Morbius: A long time after we loved the Blade movie series, there is this superhero vampire for us, from the Marvel universe itself, as we ponder over the loss of most of the much loved Avengers. With vampirism on one side, he could be one tragically flawed anti-hero rising far above Venom and Deadpool. Jared Leto playing the character would make things even more interesting. Rising as a superhero out of a failed biochemical experiment which was supposed to cure his rare blood disorder, the living vampire could be a fan favourite or end up being the exact opposite, and we can hope that the character can be given justice through this movie.
6. Candyman: Who can avoid horror during times like these? There is enough scares all around, and let Candyman bring more. A direct sequel to the 1992 film of the same name and the fourth film in the Candyman franchise, it is based on the short story, The Forbidden by Clive Barker, the master of horror. Candyman franchise has always been there to keep us in the horror genre, and lets hope that this movie too adds to the group positively. After all, only a regular dose of horror can keep us going during these days. Desperate times need great horror, and it is the realization of the existence of such horror that will inspire us to keep our lives moving forward.
***All the images used on this blog post were taken from the official Facebook pages of the movies and the actors or actresses performing in them.
<— Click here to go to the previous post.