There is evil hidden everywhere social media, especially Facebook and Twitter. So navigating through this particular space is never going to be that easy as we are always against the bad guys. So, here I am going to share a few guidelines on how to identify these people at the earliest so that the navigation can be rather smooth. If you have been talking something about Malayalam movies, there is a good chance that you will come across such terrible creatures. I have recently come across one while talking about the movie Charlie and too many people do that in support of Ennu Ninte Moideen.
The guidelines mentioned here are based on my experiences only and this can actually vary for each person. These creatures can actually come through a different path, and we will always have to be careful with them because there is absolutely nothing positive about them; they will make the attempt to drain all the good things out of you because they are good at nothing else except for hate and abuse which they inherit from their friends an family, working on it to make these factors a lot worse. Here are the guidelines.
1. There will be no original photo :: They wouldn’t really put their own photo because they have to use the profile for abusing others. There are common photos which they use, which are of movie stars, cartoons, cricketers, football players and sometimes the photo randomly found or their own edited photo. It is time that Facebook and Twitter provides verified accounts for those who have voter’s ID and aadhaar card to get rid of these fakes. This way, we can also know who these people are when they abuse; everyone should be made to know the culture of each and everyone who hate their fellow countrymen for no reason.
2. Capital letters won’t be discovered :: It is difficult for them to type in capital letters because some of them are yet to discover where to use them and the others just need something different for what might be their special profile for abuse. Well, if they had something in their brains, they would have been doing something positive for their nation, but as they are only abusing their own countrymen, I don’t see why they would use capital letters even in their name. In a special navigation which is powered by hatred and traveling towards unlimited abuse, there will be rarely any capital letter or even full stop. Sometimes, there is not even a name!
3. Speaks in other languages :: He will take the opportunity only to speak in regional languages as much as possible. This quality which is a lot seen among Malayalis becomes bad when he is speaking in a forum, page or group which has a majority which doesn’t understand the language and most of the things that this person will be talking about are related to abuse. It could be the words which they are using in their family, but using them in public space brings trouble to social media navigation unless the owner or moderator takes the steps to ban them early.
4. Pretends to be intellectual :: This is quite a necessity for them as they steal quotes from famous people and put it on their profile, or sometimes add them in the middle of a paragraph as their own words because they are not good enough to write even one sentence without mistakes. They are always sitting in front of the computer ready to copy something from here or there. It is something that they really need to cover their lack of culture, and so they will only keep searching for the same even on the profiles of others. When they find something, they shamelessly steal it and it on their profile.
5. Shall surely be a mindless fan of someone :: This is one feature that will be a clear part of these people and their lives. They will be supporting one person or two so much that they will be infatuated with that particular celebrity forever; there will be even sports teams. So, they will keep searching for those who are talking about these celebrities and randomly attack them or even the fans of other celebrities. They navigate through all the social media, and find someone because they have no other job. These are the kind of people who like to hate their own friends and family for their favourite celebrities! When you navigate through Facebook or Twitter, if you come close to these creatures, be prepared; or you can just block them instantly.
***The images used in this blog post were taken by me only.