It is during these times when there are more fans with hate than true lovers of movies, which has made me come up with the Ten Commandments for true movie lovers, that I had earlier posted on Facebook. We have had fans of actors and actresses spreading hatred all over the internet earlier, and now it has been replaced by the fans of movies, which is clearly reflected in the abuse which the Baahubali fans have been producing all over. This makes one wonder if they actually get paid for abusing others by someone related to the movie, and only God knows why they are feeling so insecure to bring those sexist and racist comments even with such huge box-office collections. So, here are the commandments which will be helpful in finding the original movie lovers among us, and all statements will start with “Will” in honour of Will Smith 😛
1. Will have more than one all-time favourite movie different from the crowd: Well, it is not necessary to love a movie just because it comes from your language, your state, your country or religion, and most brainless people are to feel that one movie is the best because a lot of people are saying that, but it is not, for things are rather subjective.
2. Will appreciate the choice of others not to watch a movie, or not to like one particular popular movie: You will surely have to get rid of these people who keep forcing you to watch a movie or to tell someone else that you like this movie so much, when you don’t. They are playing with your free will, and just ban them from your lives.
3. Will feel no need to watch a movie just due to everyone else watching it: Okay, so everyone says that this movie is so great, and that if you don’t watch it, you will miss something great in your life. Well, this is pathetic thinking, and a third rate way of making others watch a movie – these people are mostly fakes, as one movie is certainly not life.
4. Will not like a movie just because it has his/her favourite actor/actress: Some actors feel the need to be treated as VIPs and sometimes, they just say that they are also common man. Then there are those fans which are so dumb that they keep on believing all those lies which are thrown at them. Movies make stars, and not the other way around.
5. Will not keep talking for about 100 times on how great a movie is: Yes, this movie is the greatest movie of all-time and you need to watch it – they will keep saying all the time, not just by mouth, but also on different posts for no reason. They need to be sent to Antarctica immediately, because there are more significant things in life.
6. Will not reveal the big suspense of a movie publicly: Some people are just too much into revealing the suspense of a movie for no reason; maybe they like some other actor who hasn’t acted in that particular movie. But this selfish act has no explanation; it is nothing that a true movie fan should do.
7. Will not abuse or support abuse of other movie fans: You have no right to abuse people for not liking the movie which you feel is the greatest – maybe you are just dumb that you liked that movie; it doesn’t matter if you have a whole nation liking the same movie, because the whole world can be wrong. Abusing and supporting the same is just pure evil.
8. Will support the other viewers’ right to have opinions: Why is that you want everyone to accept that your favourite movie as the greatest movie of all-time? Instead, it will be nice to grow up and not keep showing up on others’ posts to say that, especially on those strangers’ profiles as if the director or producer of a movie is paying you to overrate a movie.
9. Will not pretend to like a movie just to seem cool: People who likes this movie is cool, so thinks your friends. But you don’t need to be dumb and like the movie just for that reason. You just need to like the movie if you like it. Otherwise, you are just being an idiot with no real opinion about the movie or anything in life.
10. Will be a good boy/girl at the theatre causing no disturbance: There are people in those movie halls who are just nuisance and nothing else. There are those who howl, clap or make other noises in the halls – there are others who just abuse, and we also have those who talk loudly along with the ones who spit, put the legs on front seats etc – all need to be expelled.