I hereby make a promise that I won’t do what I want to do or what the others want to do as long as those things are on this list of what not to be done in 2016. If I don’t want to do these things, I surely won’t do them either. If it is impossible to do these things, I shall keep myself from doing them with happiness. If something special comes up related to these things, that won’t matter too. Okay, here are the five things that I won’t do in 2016. This is the not-to-do list and the great anti-resolution resolution which I am coming up with.
1. I shall not watch Bollywood romance: This is a resolution which I should have taken very long ago, and I did somewhat manage that. But that didn’t include the Bollywood movies which are not really romance, but it has so much romance that you will wonder why it is not known to be romance but something else. So many Bollywood movies have romance, and I consider it an unreal part which needs to be removed for the flicks to go realistic. I am looking for something which doesn’t keep going romantic all the way, especially when there is not real need.
Okay, there is the need for romantic movies at times. I won’t deny that, and I haven’t disliked all romantic movies; I did grow up watching Bollywood romance too. There are movies like Charlie which has a background romance of high spiritual and intellectual quality going on, along with Anarkali and Ennu Ninte Moideen which has the elements of true love and eternal romance. From there, these days we are introduced into those things which needs to have the words “this is actually love and so please do think that it is so” written all over there so that we will feel the intensity of love.
2. I am not going to read fiction anymore: I have read a lot of fiction in my life, or rather too much of it. In the year 2016, the only fiction that I will be reading is going to be what is written on the blogs. Yes, there will no more comparison of the book and movie – kind of review like it was there in the case of The Hunger Games, Interview With the Vampire, Queen of the Damned and others. I watch too many movies that I forget them too early, and so adding these books to the list will make me forget the movie in a day or two!
3. I shall not sleep during the day from day after tomorrow: Yes, vampires do sleep inside their coffins, but this is twenty first century and coffins are very costly. Okay, lets leave that behind – I am jobless and sometimes during the daytime, there is nothing to do at all. So, I would choose to sleep when I am not writing. Well, only a small percent of what I actually write reaches this blog – so, maybe I should create more that makes it to light rather than keep sleeping. I have thought about that quite a lot.
4. I shall know no taste of coffee in 2016: Yes, I don’t usually drink coffee. But there are times when we accidentally land at some relatives’ home and what we get turns out to be coffee and as we had started it, we need to finish it. That mistake did happen in 2015, and for the same reason, in the name of cardamom tea, ginger tea and all the other types of tea available at Cochin and its suburbs, I take the pledge not to have coffee at all. Before drinking anything, I shall confirm with people that it is actually tea.
5. I will not attend most of the weddings to which I am invited: Yes, I had enough of these weddings which are nothing more than showing how much money everyone has got. To add to that, some people say that I am next. Seriously? It has been one year and one day after this was said – Did I get married? No! If they were sharing my blog posts that would have actually motivated me to attend their weddings. But if these people want me to get married, that is not a positive thing and I shall just skip the weddings 😛
***The images used in this blog post were taken by me only.