When I was a child, more problems were solved by my mother, even more than even those which were actually problems. She has always been there for me to find the grand solutions, no matter what kind of troubles were there. She has been the one superhero who has continued to save the day. She has worked the magic with all its strength, and became the one person who could make the day better. It happened very often, but there are occasions which can be remembered with ease.
1. The Friend Problem: The most significant problem that I faced was the friend problem. I never really had many friends, and even among the friends, I had been very choosy. It is something that was not easy in my case, but I made the choice from a small list. Even then, I rarely managed to get along with most of them. Then the major adviser was mom herself who was not just the first friend, but also the first advisor on friends. She knew the right person to be friends with, and the best friend was the good friend – and not those who pretend; I managed to learn it further with life experience.
2. The Teacher Problem: There was always the problem of finding the cane with teachers of the time. So, the mother would be a part-time teacher and work with the subjects to help and save the son from the big battle at the class. She had the time to be the part-time spell-checker as well as the Mathematics helper of that time. She made sure that I performed better at school even though it meant that she had not much time to spare after that. Well, the idea of rest was quite unknown, but she managed her part with the studies nicely, not only with me, but also with my sister.
3. The Dog Problem: It was a rather significant problem as it was rather a never ending factor as I had to travel around the Kerala State Transport Corporation Bus Stand rather than take the much easier shortcut. It was like a castle of evil for me (that was before reading Dracula), and there was this dog which I considered devilish, and always tried to block my way. It wanted to chase me, but I was good at running, and it only ran up-to a certain point of its territory. Yes, I told mom and she solved it – the dog remained inside the gate of the house from that day, I was glad to call it a bad dog from outside.
4. The Food Problem: This has been continuously solved the mother. Actually, there was no other person who came close, even though some of the aunties did contribute well in the later stages. There was nothing like having the food made by mother. Yes, it was quite popular in the class too, and as only one curry was there, I also developed the habit of using less curry with the rice – it has helped me with controlling food too; she had so much work, and she still managed to cook and not let us have food from the outside – that habit came much later when I was in college; otherwise, it was all about mom’s cooking.
5. The Relative Problem: This one has managed to be a difficult problem to solve, and it continues to run strong, and only mom has managed to keep its level down. Some of the relatives have been unbearable with their free advice. They are the kind of people who can do no good, but only bring trouble. The specialty of their advice is consistent comparisons with their children who are supposed to be better and more successful. The advice from mother has helped in avoiding them up-to an extent and not to care much about all the nonsense that they come up with.
The Problems of Problems: Mother has been expert in solving even the problems which the problems have, and she continues to be the best in doing the same. She was always there for us and remains the best, and has also been solving the problems of the father as well as a number of her siblings, along with working at the office, thus becoming the skilled multi-tasker. While celebrating mothers, let’s also spare some time to celebrate the most widely trusted expert when it is about hair colour, which is Godrej. For more details, do check this link: http://godrejexpert.com/single_used_pack.php
***The images used in this blog post are from the Facebook Page of Godrej Expert.